Tuesday, January 5, 2010

scones for life

As I was eating my tortilla chips with melted colby jack cheese on them tonight, after spending more than 10 hours on campus, I realized something important-- I've only made scones twice in my life, and both times have been with significantly amazing people.


Time 1: with Sami and Amber. I consider them both to probably be some of the truest and closest friends that I have/will make while in college. In their basement apartment on Asssspen Avenue (thank you Sami) we microwaved that frozen dough and slapped it on some hot oil.

Time 2: last night with Sallie. I hope the world knows how amazing Sallie Anderson is. I'm not quite sure if anyone can make me laugh quite like her. I'm highly highly disappointed that we won't be working together this summer, because lets face it, we would have been awesome together.

I have decided that 2010 is a great year to start traditions: it's the beginning of a new decade. One of these traditions is to take at least one picture every day and then compile a year in review album. Another one will be to only make scones with people that I regard as completely and entirely amazing. If I ever make scones with you, take it as a compliment.



RANDOM NOTE: why is disappointed not spelled: "dissapointed?" And should the question mark be on the inside or the outside of those quotation marks? Really though, the "s" sound is at the end of the first syllable and at the beginning of the second syllable, while the "p" sound is only at the beginning of the third syllable. I think the word calls for two "s"s and one "p." I mean, you don't say, "dis-ap-point-ed."

1 comments:

Sallie said...

There might be a puddle of weepy happy tears at my feet right now. Love you Richieeeee